Community & DemographicsPoplar Bluff, MO
- Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center – 1127 60% 60%
- VA Medical Center – 810 43% 43%
- Poplar Bluff R1 Schools – 787 38% 38%
- Briggs & Stratton Corporation – 721 34% 34%
- FCC Behavioral Health – 584 26% 26%
- Mid Continent Steel & Wire – 474 25% 25%
- Three Rivers College – 442 23% 23%
- Wal-Mart – 419 20% 20%
- Gates Corporation – 400 19% 19%
- City of Poplar Bluff – 240 10% 10%
Other Manufacturing Companies include:
Empire Comfort Systems, Revere Plastics, PMB, Poplar Bluff Tool & Die, L & M Manufacturing, Foxy Manufacturing, Nortek, Primo Grills, and Rice Trailers
Poplar Bluff Manufacturing jobs represent 20.7% of the workforce v. Missouri 16.2%
Retail Gap Analysis
(In Millions of Dollars)
CERTIFIED ACT WORK READY COMMUNITY
The work ethic of employees in the greater Poplar Bluff area is second to none. There is an ample supply of qualified labor. We don’t just say this, we mean it! In January of 2014 Butler County was recognized by Governor Nixon as a CERTIFIED ACT WORK READY COMMUNITY. One of the first in the state of Missouri and only the third in the United States.
In July of 2015, Nortek Global HVAC sent out a press release that they would be bringing back their warehousing/distribution operation to Poplar Bluff due to the “quality of workforce”.
To view a You Tube of the presentation click below.
Businesses boast productivity numbers that rank high in comparison, both regionally and nationally.